Thursday, June 9, 2011

Anniversary

16 years ago today I married my husband.  The day started off chilly, and misty with an occasional drizzle.  My grandma who had flown in from Mesa, Arizona was freezing.  Growing up in Kansas and Nebraska, she had remembered Nebraska summers as hot and humid, and so had packed accordingly.  However, June doesn't always act like summer.  She, my favorite aunt Pam, and I woke early and headed out to find some breakfast while the rest of the family slept.  We found a small family cafe in town and snuggled ourselves into a booth.  I remember distinctly thinking how special this morning was.  Not only was it the day I would marry the man I would spend the rest of my life with, but it was sharing time with family that I didn't often have the opportunity to spend time with.  This breakfast outing was just the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment